Sunday, December 21, 2008

Childlike wonder

Where did that childlike wonder go? That excitement that makes you wake up each day and announce how many days are left until Christmas...
I can't even say that it is relegated only to childhood; I used to do that until about five years ago. I was married and had four kids five years ago--so it can't just be for childhood.

I keep hearing my kids announce the days left, and I look at calendar and think "it can't be only three days left 'till Christmas Eve and four days left 'till Christmas Day. I need more time..."
Time for what, I don't know, because I'm done with the shopping and wrapping.

Why can't I share the excitement my kids have?

Sometimes being an adult can be a real downer...sort of like this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...