Thursday, June 18, 2009

The Care and Keeping of a Wife

From an actual conversation between Isaiah and me:

Me: You guys are going to have some really great stories for your own kids when you're older. A lot of "when your dad and I were kids, boy..."
Except your stories will all be for your nieces and nephews, since I know you aren't planning to get married. (When Isaiah was about 4 he declared he was not going to be a dad when he grew up. He would be an uncle, because uncles have money and dads never do...)

Isaiah: inaudible shoulder shrug

Me: Who is going to cook for you and do your laundry?

Isaiah: I know how to do all that.

Me: I know--but if you had a wife, she'd have to do it. (a little tongue-in-cheek, lest you think me totally oppressed)

Isaiah: I'd hire a servant.

Me: But you'd have to PAY a servant--a wife does all that stuff for FREE!

Isaiah: Yeah, but I'd have to feed her.

I guess I couldn't argue with that...

1 comment:

  1. LOL that is just too cute and funny!! Kids do say the darndest things :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...