Friday, December 4, 2009

Just Like Ma


I never feel as much like Ma Ingalls
as when I bring frozen clothes in from the clothesline.
Remember in "The Long Winter"?
That picture of her with clothes as stiff as boards?

And, well, there are a few similarities between
Me and Ma.

She was a farm wife. I'm a farm wife.
She made her own laundry soap. I make my own laundry soap.
She was a school teacher "back East". I have my own school here.
They had their good old bulldog, Jack. We have our dogs.
Charles could encircle her waist with his hands.
Dennis can encircle my waist with his........arms.

See? Just like Ma.

1 comment:

  1. i am so there with you. although i do not have a outdoor clothesline. but all the rest. i love the little house on the priarie. love it, love it, love it

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...