Thursday, December 17, 2009

On Being a Quitter

I am often torn about how much to participate in outside our home.

I am often chastised for spending so much time with my family.

A friend once told me, "Hey, the world needs you, too."

I am a stronger person now--if she were to tell me that now, I would say in response, "not as much as my family does."

But I wasn't that strong then.

And I probably said something like, "Yeah, I know..."

But you know that feeling when someone is able to put into words what you've been feeling for a long time, but just couldn't put into words yourself?
I love that feeling--it's such a relief. Like, "Yes--someone finally gets it!"

I had that feeling when I read this post on Amy Roberts' blog.
She gets it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...