Tuesday, February 16, 2010

The Study of Velocity

Who says homeschooling
has to slow down,
just because Mom's wearing down a bit
in her 39th week?

Like today, for instance.
We studied velocity.

And when I say "we",
I really mean "the children".

Know why?
'Cause when I came into the kitchen,
I saw Nathaniel and Isaiah
placing rubbery animals
atop the blades of the ceiling fan,
turning it on high,
and seeing how long it would take for them to fly off.

The other children found this hugely entertaining.

We (and when I say "we" I mean "the children")
discovered there was a difference
between the weight of the toy and how far
it would be flung across the kitchen.

We (the children) even needed to duck
on occasion to avoid being
nailed in the head by the flying creatures.

I mean, really,
who says we've slowed down on our homeschooling?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...