Thursday, April 22, 2010

Ivy's Baptism



Baby Ivy was baptized on Sunday.





















Pastor Mark sang with me, Dennis, and my mom.
Oh--and Ruby, 'cause she wanted to be with Grandma.

We sang "I Know Whom I Have Believed" and "I Know Who Holds Tomorrow".

My mom made her gown and the matching bonnet; isn't it gorgeous??

I was oh-so-glad that Ivy got that baby acne just in time for the occasion.

Our friends Steve and Jen are her godparents, but they live FAR FAR away and couldn't come.

Afterward, I hosted dinner at our house.
Oh--and did I mention that the cows were out when we got home from church?
Yep. They were.

Getting to church was a little tricky because our van died on Friday. Thankfully, my dad let us borrow his car and so between that and Dennis' stinky,dirty farm truck, we made it. Early, even, which is a rare thing for us. Very rare.

1 comment:

  1. Lovely post! Love the christening gown your mom made!! What precious memories you have already made with your sweet babe. I don't always comment, but I sure enjoy the pictures and posts! I think of you every time I do a load of laundry with my homemade detergent!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...