Saturday, July 10, 2010

Fun at Grandma and Grandpa's

Our kids LOVE to go to Grandma and Grandpa's house.
And I'll be honest--I do, too.

Both my parents had last Monday off of work (for the 4th) and so we worked out a sleepover for Linnea, Andrew, Christopher, Elijah and Ruby.

I had to share just some of the fun they had:




I wish I was more computer literate because I don't know how to edit the video my mom took on her digital camera.  I guess you'll just have to put up with the chatter in the background...

My parents still live on the farm they moved to when I was 6 months old.  My dad dairy farmed until February of 1995 when he sold the cows and then rented out their farm.  Our family moved out in March and rented a house nearby until November of 1996 when my parents moved back to their farm--and they remain there today!  Dennis and I were married in September of '96, so I, of course, did not move back with them. :-)
Their place has changed a bit over the years...they tore down a barn and a silo, but other than that it all looks the same as it did when I was growing up there.

While I do think it's neat that I can still go back to where I grew up and that the kids can play where I once did, we would all be just as excited to visit them, even if they lived somewhere else.  It is enough to be where they are.

How many kids get to watch their grandpa do a jump in a wagon?  Who cares if it didn't work--it was funny just to watch him try!
This video was made in the morning and when I went to pick them up in the afternoon, the children wanted to show me what they had been up to.  "Round Two" was not captured on video but it included my dad grabbing one of the kids' bikes and doing the jump. 
And screaming like a girl.
Or, as Christopher put it: "he preamed like a dirrrlllll."
Either way, it made us all laugh.
Which was so the point.

My mom and dad put smiles on the faces of my little people...and that makes me smile, too.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...