Saturday, October 8, 2011

My Farmer

My farmer doesn't appear much on my blog.

I should be better about telling you about him.



He isn't afraid to be ridiculously silly with the children.
Like here, see?
Daddy and Christopher 2010

He tells me he loves me.

He works hard and long.
(When you marry an independent dairy farmer, there are no days off, no holidays, and no guarantee of ever getting anywhere that you planned to go because the cows might get out, one might have trouble calving, the milk truck might get stuck in the yard, everything that could go wrong does and chores end up taking forever, etcetera ad finitum.)


He likes leftovers.


He likes to take the kids with him when he goes somewhere.

When one of his children says something like this, he just laughs.
(I think would cry!)


2 comments:

  1. All of that just made me smile! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. so happy you have a good man! it's a rare thing these days- I'm married to a fisherman and he is an incredible man. so blessed - new follower-:)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...