Monday, November 21, 2011

I'm Blessed


It's been a bit since I participated with Gretchen's I'm Blessed Series,
but this week I'm prepared.

I've been thinking about the kinds of things that many people take for granted;
though I'm sure there are many, many things that I, too, take for granted,
I know that I don't take the following lightly:

~I'm blessed to have running water in our house.
Each time I turn on a faucet,
I am thankful.
There have been many times over the years when I have turned on a faucet 
and had nothing happen.

~I'm blessed to have hot running water in our house.
Each time I turn on a faucet and get warm/hot water for a shower or bath or to do the dishes,
I am thankful.
There have been many times over the years when I have turned on a faucet and had only cold water and have had to heat water on the stove for baths or dishes.
I do not take hot water for granted. 

~I'm blessed to have vehicles that run consistently.
We have our big van and now we also have a car.
Both are reliable vehicles.
There have been times when we've had nothing to drive,
times when what we had to drive only had room for a fraction of us so we didn't go anywhere,
times when each time I turned the key, it was anyone's guess whether the engine would roar to life,
and times when my prayer was, "Lord, please just let me get to town and back before it quits."
Having a reliable vehicle is such a load off of my shoulders, and Dennis' too.

~I'm blessed to have been given a DISHWASHER!!!
It has been nearly a year since mine quit
and I am beyond excited to have one that works!
It came to us because someone was remodeling and putting in new appliances
and didn't need this one anymore.

As I sat sewing the other night I thought to myself, 
"I can spend time sewing because the DISHWASHER is washing the DISHES!!!"
Washing all the dishes by hand certainly wasn't impossible,
but, well, this many people who are all home every day makes for a considerable amount of dishes.
I am thankful for a friend who made it possible to lighten my work load.

~I am thankful for my family--both my immediate and extended family.
Dennis and I came under some serious attack recently for choices that we've made for our household from someone that we had previously considered "safe."
When this person unleashed how s/he really felt,
it was pretty unbelievable, not to mention incredibly hurtful.
However, I'm thankful that my home is a haven from people who are so openly (as well as covertly) hostile
 and that my husband and I are on the same page regarding these decisions.

We are blessed with grandmas and grandpas and aunts and uncles that love our kids--each one.

~Last, but certainly not least, I'm blessed by a Savior who gave His very life so that I could have mine.  It is in my weakness that I see how very strong He is.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...