Friday, November 9, 2012

Working on--and for--Marriage

Dennis and I have been given an incredible gift for this weekend--a way to attend a Weekend to Remember marriage conference.
We head for Sioux Falls, SD today.

I can't even remember the last time we "went away" so this is new and exciting for us.

The younger kids will stay with my mom & dad; I'm so thankful for their willingness to watch them while we're gone.

The boys will be home, manning the farm.  I wrote a menu plan for them so they know what they should cook and when, but that's the extent of what I had to do for them.  They would do fine as bachelors. :)  I'm proud of them that they are capable and trustworthy to handle the tasks necessary while Dennis is away.

I spent the evening doing multiple loads of laundry (after having been gone much of yesterday doing this and running several errands) but I think now, everyone will have clean clothes to wear.

Elizabeth will be coming with us, our friends are going to Sioux Falls to watch her while we attend the conference.

I'm just so incredibly thankful for this gift and for all the details falling in place so we could go.  I'm thankful for friends who reached out in this way.

I have several posts I need to write/publish, so hopefully next week, I can get some of that done since it's been a week of "nothing" here on my blog. :)

Now, I'd best head back to bed so I can get up in a few hours and start packing for myself, Dennis and Elizabeth.  (I fell asleep earlier while putting Little Bit to bed, then got up to do some more laundry, respond to some messages, and read some blogs.)




4 comments:

  1. Oh I know a couple going to that too! Hope you both enjoy it - I've heard it's amazing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun! Shawn and I loved the conference we went to, but that was before kids. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to hear all about it. It sounds like a wonderful opportunity for renewal, strengthening and growth!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...