Sunday, November 30, 2014

Elijah

Our big and middle kids sometimes get overlooked 
here on my blog or facebook because I don't take as many pictures of them.
I'm trying to do better with the middle kids--
my bigger ones do NOT like me to take their picture!

Elijah was given this great hat by one of our grown up friends at Awana.
He was absolutely thrilled because it looks like one Indiana Jones would wear.
His first thought was, "I can't wait to show Nathaniel!"

 Elijah turned 8 this month.
See?

He is growing so tall.
I also see so many other ways that he is growing.
I've spent a lot of time just observing him with the others,
noticing he's not so "little" anymore.
It's one of those proud-but-just-a-little-sad-about-how-quickly-time-passes 
kind of feelings.
I think we have a word for that in the English language--nostalgia.

Elijah enjoys playing cars, drawing pictures, playing spies,
writing special notes, hunting, reading books, and playing outside.
(Their first snow creations of this winter)

Elijah has a special spot in his heart for Baby Cece,
asking often if he can be the one who gets to hold her.

He is quite a deep thinker
and comes with difficult questions
or keen observations.
His quick wit makes conversation delightful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...